Sunday, February 28, 2010

Gabriele Colangelo Fall RTW 2010

Hola Chicas,

As I was sifting through the Fall RTW 2010 collections from Milan Fashion Week, I noticed a designer's name that I was not all that familiar with for some reason. As I looked for some of the previous collections by this designer to see if I recognized his designs, I realized that he has only had two shows thus far- Spring 2010 RTW and this Fall 2010 RTW. But if you were to look at the collections of this designer, you would think that he was a seasoned veteran. His attention to detail and the unique layering of fabrics seen in his collections are awe-inspiring, considering his lack of experience.














All I can say is wow. I personally ADORED this collection. The colors remained in a neutral color palette throughout the whole collection, but not once was I bored and praying that there would be color soon. As I'm sure you all probably know, I am a HUGE fan of color. I can't get enough of it. But the jewels and the details in this collection left me wanting more. And not of color. Each piece was so different from the next, and they were all so artfully crafted. Mr. Colangelo's inspiration for this collection was the idea of erosion and rocks, and considering his specialization in fabric, it made for the perfect idea for his Fall collection. Plus, I LOVED the shoes in this collection. =) I cannot wait to see what else comes from this new up-and-coming designer.

Con Amor,
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment