Saturday, June 12, 2010

Tunes, tunes, tunes...

So, I have recently been changing my music style to more alternative/rock/indie. It's such a fun and diverse genre of music, and I've been playing around with a bunch of different bands and singers. Of course, I will always love my Muse, Taylor Swift, and Kate Nash, but I have new favorites too. I think it's because of my recently gifted iPod, and I love the music videos that these bands come up with. They're so creative and inspirational! Anyways, I figured I should share some of my finds with you guys! Here's a list of names and some of my favorite songs!

1. Kate Nash- Merry Happy, Nicest Thing, Do-Wah-Doo
2. Muse- Neutron Star Collision (Love is Forever), Uprising
3. Plain White T's (I've always had a thing for them, they're so cute!)- Let Me Take You There, Write You a Song, 1,2,3,4
4. Ingrid Michaelson- The Chain, Be Ok, The Way I Am
5. Kill Paradise- Beautiful Colors
6. Camera Obscura- French Navy
7. The Decemberists- Sixteen Military Wives, July, July!
8. Cat Power- Sea of Love
9. Modest Mouse- Ocean Breathes Salty
10. Hellogoodbye- Baby, it's fact, Oh, is it love?
11. Amy Kuney- Love is Trippy, Simple Things
12. Amy Winehouse (I've always loved her style)- Rehab
13. Corinne Bailey Rae- Put Your Records On
14. Vampire Weekend- A-Punk
15. Arctic Monkeys- Fluorescent Adolescent
16. Landon Pigg- Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop
17. Lily Allen- The Fear
18. Meg & Dia- Going Away
19. Sea Wolf (love them!)- The Violet Hour, You're a Wolf, The Cold, the Dark, and the Silence, Wicked Blood
20. Vanessa Carlton- White Houses
21. Okkervil River- Our Life is not a Movie or Maybe, Girl in Port
22. The Dodos- Winter, Ashley
23. The Postal Service- Nothing Better
24. Belle and Sebastian- Funny Little Frog, I'm a Cuckoo
25. Yeahyeahyeahs- Maps, Zero
26. Eisley- Invasion
27. Hurricane Bells- Monsters, Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow, This Year
28. Patrick and Eugene- Don't Stop, The Birds and the Bees
29. Sara Bareilles- King of Anything
30. Sleeping at Last- Green Screens, Umbrellas
31. Kate Voegele- I Won't Disagree
32. Anjulie- Boom

Ahhh, that's all for now! I'll let you know about any future finds! Let me know what your favorite bands/singers are!

Con Amor,
Lauren <3
P.S.- Sorry there's no fashion in this post, but I will definitely post again tomorrow or on Monday!

2 comments:

  1. I love your artist selection, keep it up! :)

    Check me out at http://flutterflyy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your music list - great singers and song choices. I love posts like this, it gives me ideas of new things to check out. You should do the same for books as a summer reading list.
    Please have a look at our blog, comment your feedback and follow if you like what you see!!! 2 girls in Ireland dealing with some very mixed weather!!
    http://www.thewardrobewars.blogspot.com
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete