Tuesday, July 13, 2010

What's your Funk and Standard?

So it seems only fair that I catch you up on what I've been up to recently, seeing as I haven't posted in what feels like a million years. But summer is summer. I always try to get as much fun and traveling in as I can until fall rolls around and it's time to hit the books again.
Anyways, this past week I went to Matawan, New Jersey to visit my friend Em. And it was fabulous. Nothing but swimming, shopping, and having fun with one of my best friends who I rarely get to see. While in NJ, I went to Red Bank, New Jersey for a day with Em. I loved the feeling the town gave. There were a bunch of shops and little novelty shops, and a bunch of little restaurants. Plus there was a huge Urban Outfitters and this one store named Funk & Standard. I thought it was one of the coolest little stores I have ever been in. To visit their website, you can just click here. If you have ever visited Fred Flare's website, which I'm sure many of you probably have, it is exactly the same type of store. Low prices, novelty items, and a vintage feel with its clothing. Unfortunately, I wasn't allowed to take photos inside of the shop, so I can't show you the store.
After Funk and Standard, I went to this really awesome candy shop called Rick's with Em, and I think that I spent the majority of my money on candy, haha.

Anyways, this is just a quick little update on my adventures in Matawan, New Jersey. Just wondering, any Jersey girls reading this blog? Comment for a special shout-out!

Con Amor,
Lauren <3

No comments:

Post a Comment